The UK’s telephone network is changing. It’s going digital. Make sure you’re prepared with Phoneline+
The legacy, public switch telephone network (PSTN) is being switched off in 2025, meaning legacy landlines will soon become obsolete and all landline calls will be made over the internet instead
This matters because, in order to keep your landline and telephone number working, you will soon need to move your phone to a digital network where phone calls are delivered over the internet (referred to as Voice over Internet Protocol or VoIP for short).
Wildanet can help with this by converting your existing landline to a digital network, whilst keeping your existing phone number.
In addition, Phoneline+ also
enables you to:
See who’s calling you, at a glance
Stop waiting at home if you’re expecting a call
End monthly line rental charges
Make and receive landline calls on different devices like a laptop, tablet or smart phone using the Phoneline+ app, even when you’re not at home
Enjoy all the benefits of a traditional telephone including voicemail, call barring and contact directory
With Phoneline+ your business can:
- Never miss a call. Pick up incoming calls wherever you are on your telephone, laptop, tablet or mobile device.
- Have more than one telephone number, from different geographic areas if required.
- Assign separate numbers to different areas of your business and transfer calls between them.
- Instantly see which number has been called, so you can answer the right way.
- Manage unanswered calls in a professional way.
- Set your out of hours and how calls are directed.
- Hold, divert and forward calls to colleagues or external phones.
- Monitor call patterns and usage trends.
As a microbusiness, with Phoneline+ you can have more than one number associated with your account. This allows you to allocate different functions to those numbers and improve your customer service by anticipating the reason for the incoming call thereby appearing like a bigger company.