You can also plant trees every single day by downloading TreeApp.
You can find out more about the important work they are doing, and download the app here.
Treeapp is a mobile app which enables anyone to plant a tree for free, everyday, in less than a minute.
The trees are funded by eco-conscious organisations who advertise their products and services on the Treeapp platform. The app is available for download here.
The planting activities are performed by local tree-planting partners, who make sure every single tree they plant benefits endemic species and local communities.
Treeapp has partnered with tree planting partners to plant trees around the world. All have met the internal criteria surrounding ethical tree planting, transparency and use-of-funds. All tree planting activities not only have environmental benefits, but also a social and economic impact by working closely with local communities.
To date, Treeapp has funded the planting of over 1 million trees:
● Africa: Madagascar, Tanzania, Burundi, Ethiopia, Guinea, Mozambique, Kenya
● Americas: Brazil, Peru, Haiti
● Asia: Nepal, Indonesia
Forests cover over 30% of the land area on our planet
- During the last 50 years, around 17% of Amazon rainforest has been lost, making way for cattle ranching and agricultural activities
- 69 football fields of forest are being cut down every minute around the world
- In 2019, 260,000 km2 of forest was cut down in total. That’s an area larger than the United Kingdom.
- 29% of the Pantanal Brazilian forest has burned down in the 2020 wildfires, a rate never seen before.
- 8,000+ species are at risk of extinction every year